Thread: XC90 Recall
View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 14:20   #10
Coconut
Older than Junior Member

Default Just received my recall notice !

I purchased my 08 plate XC90 earlier this year, and have TODAY - 18/12/09 received a recall notice relating to a further inspection after the original recall work was carried out. The letter states :

Quote:
In March 2008, Volvo Car Corporation launched a recall concerning a problem with one of the power steering hoses on a number of XC90s. There was a risk the hose may have come into contact with the engine-cooling fan. As a consequence, the hose may have become damaged and subsequently leaked, resulting in a loss of power steering assistance.

Your vehicle has been recognised as being involved in this original recall where a modification to the power steering hose was carried out. However, Volvo's quality follow-up procedures have identified that this modification has not been successful on a number of vehicles.

Due to the above, Volvo has investigated this concern and decided to launch this recall to thoroughly inspect the vehicles.

Please contact......... etc.
I haven't had any problems ( that I know of ) and on reflection, despite initially being concerned, I am actually quite pleased as it shows Volvo are on the ball with their quality control and follow up checks after such recalls.

Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coconut For This Useful Post: