View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 23:50   #3
Eyebrows123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
There should be a couple of "sprung lolly sticks" holding the grille in, squeeze them and pull them out then pop the grille out. You should then be able to see the headlamp mountings and decide from there.

Don't forget that until you've had eyes on the actual damage, nobody on here can even guess what the damages are so can't really advise you on what to do to fix it.

If it was a non-starter we could go through a procedure, check this, check that and so on but with body damage it's how long is a piece of string!
Yes that's fair enough, I can see your point!

I'll try get a couple of pictures but from what I can tell the bracket behind the headlamps (both the vertical ones and the horizontal ones with the bonnet clamps in then) have twisted backwards. So I guess it's headlamps out and try bend it. Grill cracked and fell off during the contact so at least it's been removed for me!

I'll try have a crack at it tomorrow evening and see if I can take some pictures. Having never really don't bodywork before I guess I'm concerned as to whether I should be bending the brackets back to "roughly right" or the nearest 1/10 mm!
Eyebrows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eyebrows123 For This Useful Post: