Thread: Body/Trim: - Split in Drivers Seat
View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 20:55   #4
judgeman

Had split in the leather-look (it's a plc vinyl) when my 90 was 4 years old. Tried to sort with dealer and Volvo Car UK, both couldn't be bothered and said its normal wear and tear. VCUK even told me as the car was over three years old it was out of manufacturers warranty and so I would need to pursue it with the dealer.

It's absolutely disgusting, I had numerous faults and got quite stressed over the whole thing.

Upshot is in my opinion as a product designer and having some experience with upholstery I would suggest that the choice of material is a very poor one. Shame I realised this after I had purchased when the drivers seat split. I foolishly believed the 90 would have been a quality product from a premium manufacturer.

Any-road-up, haven't had anything to do with main dealer since the whole shambles, and car is only touched by a very trust worthy indy who knows Volvos very well.

With the number of posts on the forum about the seats splitting I'm afraid it seems to be yet another fault that should never have happened in the volumes it appears to have.

Managed to get a set of leather seats on the forum and fitted myself in an afternoon 16 months ago, and now very happy - I don't have to look at a 3" long split in the drivers seat each time I get in and out of the car!
judgeman is offline   Reply With Quote