View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 12:19   #3
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

We have this from time to time on my partners V60, it either works fine, displays a blue screen or flickers. It's just random, we had volvo look at it and said they checked the cabling and all of that seemed fine, was getting a signal etc. problem was the issue didn't manefest when they had it, they took it in for a second time and again could recreate the problem.

They were pretty sure it was the camera not the control module, or the cabling, but didn't really want to replace the camera as they couldn't be 100% sure that it was the issue, as they couldn't recreate the issue,and the camera's ain't cheap. They did say they could have the car back for longer but would have to charge for a full diagnostic and time spent to investigate the issue, also stated if they couldn't recreate the issue they may not be able to diagnose the problem.

Their advice was to wait till it was happening all the time then they could look at it again,TBH as it has sensors aswell don't really need the camera and cant really justify the expense. When it had it's last service at the local volvo independent I ask them to have a look, and again the issue didn't happen, but they did suspect the camera, as they checked the cabling and the control unit, but again said as it was £350+ for the camera maybe wait till it stop working all the time.

I'm trying to find a second hand camera to test it, I have notice if I take the boot apart and clean the camera connection, it appears to have less issues, but that can last a few days, or a few weeks, or a few months lols

Last edited by scoobysn7x; Nov 26th, 2018 at 12:21.
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote