Thread: Bio diesel
View Single Post
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:09   #3
uncletone
Uncle Tone

Hi Guys,

I ran 100% bio diesel in my D5 V70 (2003 model Mileage 65k) for 43k miles over a 6 month period wth no problem, except that the supplier was a little skimpy with the anti-gel, hence when the weather turned a little chiller in January last year, it gelled up and clogged the filter. I ended up during the cold snap mixing it with ordernary derv at a 50-50 ratio.
Bio diesel is good for cleaning the fuel lines, pump and injectors hence the reason why you need to change the fuel filter after a tankful or so as a precaution. It's lubrication properties are tremendous. As with all things you need to ensure that your supplier is making a "good brew" hence why most manufacturers, especially in this country don't like you using it, they are not certain how good it is.

The French have been running 5% for many years now with no issues andd in Germany you can buy bio diesel at 85-100% and the Germans use it all the time. At the moment I am searching for a supplier close to me and hopefully will be able to start running the S60 on it.

Tone