Thread: Bio diesel
View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 17:21   #5
Jimmy G

Default Biodiesel in D5

Just started to use Biodiesel (100%) in my 2002 D5 V70 after a new business in Sheffield started producing and selling to the public.
I was a little sceptical at first but on my first visit I was shown round the state-of-the-art production process and was highly impressed. The guy informed me that the only problem you could possibly encounter would be if the fuel is not filtered correctly - he filters down to 1 micron (the fuel filter in the vehicle only filters to 15 microns). Many recommend changing the fuel filter after the first couple of tanks as the fuel dissolves carbon deposits more readily that fossil fuel diesel but after selling 19,000 litres in a couple of weeks he has not known a single incident needing a filter change.
I have yet to be totally convinced but there are 3 things in my favour :-

1) I'm doing as much as I possibly can to reduce the impact on the environment
2) I'm saving 25p per gallon every time I fill up (price today was 90p - my local Sainsbury's is 95.9p today
3) My car seems to run better on 100% Biodiesel - much smoother and quieter (not that it's noisy on fossil fuel !!)

I'll let you know what happens .....
If anyone is near Sheffield - do drop by or phone - he's a really nice guy
Bio UK Fuels, Unit 17, Newhall Road Ind. Estate, Sheffield S9 2TW (0114) 2445603
Jimmy G is offline   Reply With Quote