View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 13:03   #42
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I think it's a rather stark assessment, yes, but you raise some interesting points. I, too, struggle with the nature and standard of discussion in the Lounge, but it seems that a lot of members value it. And I think I've made my opinion of KGF and their like fairly clear, but I'm not sure we're really in a position to ban them, either, unless they are explicitly ripping anyone off (opposed to simply profiteering from naivety). I once spoke to them, used my noodle, and concluded we wouldn't be doing business.

In terms of transparency, I'm not sure what you'd like, but (to be clear) there is no financial relationship with anyone other than those who sponsor the advertising banner at the top of each page.

Anyway, no-one's holding a gun to your head, and I'm sorry that you feel so negative towards both the club and forum. It's particularly alarming that you felt that you were mislead into joining. I look after the 300-series for the club, and would be entirely up-front about where we are (and aren't).

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote