View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2016, 18:08   #15
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
There are 3 separate lists for destinations: Recent, Favourites and Library with separate screens for each one. The Recent list cannot be modified in any way. I assume that after a while the oldest destination will fall off the list but mine now has at least 15 entries and I have to scroll down them. If there's a place I've gone to once and will never go back to, I'd like to delete it so that my Recent list is easily navigable. You can edit the other 2 lists but how you do it is actually quite awkward. You can delete an entry from the Library but that doesn't remove it from the Recent list. You add to Favourites by marking them as such in the Library. They then appear in the Favourites list as well as the Library but you cannot delete a Favourite from within Favourites; you have to un-favourite the entry in the Library. You can add a Recent destination to the Library and edit its name in the process but you only get one go at it. Once it's in the Library, you cannot change its name, only delete it. Even worse, if you use the 'Send To Car' function for a destination you've found in the VoC app, it goes straight to Library and you cannot change it's name once there.

Also, when you press the Set Destination button it goes to the New Address Entry screen rather than the Recent, Favourites or Library screens. Personally, I'm much less likely to want to enter an entirely new address but more likely to want an address I've gone to before, not because I might need directions but so that I get traffic info for the route.

It's all just unnecessarily complex. Why there's both a Favourites list and a Library list when one list would do is beyond me.

And as I've said before, you can only have one of ETA and RTA showing at the same time, not both. Utterly bizarre.

On the plus side, while checking it out just now I think I found a way to change or delete the Home address.

No, that would be much too useful.

Rant over.
I can see that I am going to have fun and games, shortly.

tem.