View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 09:44   #14
Foeux

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
Hi Fred, does this help? Need a live feed from fuse 7 and ground black wire to handbrake switch.

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/FAQ...stallation.pdf

Did you find any taped up wiring pre-wired?

James.
Now with more pictures. For reference the car is an M reg (1995) 940 estate. It has/had full cloth/velour interior, heated seat swithces that didnt illuminate or work and entirely manual adjustment both sides. The incoming seats are from another 940 and are dark grey with manual passenger side adjustment and electric driver adjustment:

Beneath the passenger seat is a 2 pin connector for the heated seats. it looks like this:

The heated seats didnt work previously. The light now comes on but I am really stumped as there seems to be nothing to connect the 4 pin plug beneath it to. Does it perhaps need a relay/thermostat box? Only 2 of the pins are present in the 4 pin plug...

I think this is the sort of relay it needs? There is one beneath the new leathery driver seat.

Light on pass side seat heater switch now works where previous seat didn't. Havent left on long enough to test for heat. Doubt I'll get any with an unconnected plug unless it is for something else.

Outgoing driver seat had this arrangement of plugs (assume 2 pin is heater and 3 pin is???:

Incoming seat has this arrangement:

In short, to finish the job I reckon I need:

1)Green relay box for beneath pass seat to get the heater working. At present there is a 4 pin connector just dangling beneath the seat.
2) The 4 pin wiring plug from an electric seated car so that I can run off of the back of fuse 7 into the existing male 4 pin plug on the inconing leather seat.

Happy to be set straight on any of my guesses.

F

PS to treat and condition the leather, I used this Simoniz conditioner from amazon. £7 a bottle, soaks in well. Leaving them in the sun seems to make the seats 'thirstier' and therefore softer once done. I just did either conditioner or buffing every 30 mins for most of the day, didnt use an entire bottle and now have buttery soft seats. Also did bike leathers at same time. To remove any light soiling and really work it in, I used a cheap paint brush. To buff off I just used a lint free cloth.
Foeux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foeux For This Useful Post: