Thread: Wobbly Seat
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2018, 03:09   #1
Eliginator

Default Wobbly Seat

I've noticed when driving my seat feels, a little "wobbly". Under normal driving, the seat is perfectly fine and static, however its when I brake or accelerate the back part of the seat seems to "rock". I'm only talking a small amount maybe a few mm, but its perceptible enough to feel like its loose in some way.

Its definitely only the seat back that moves. The seat bottom and rails are secured firmly and there is no play in either of those.

I appreciate that under loads, the seat will naturally react along with your weigh shifting body but the movement of the seat is very jerky and not natural. The passenger seat behaves more how I'd expect and is one of the reasons I'm now questioning whether there is an issue.

I've tried adjusting all the knobs, seat bolsters and reclining positions and although they all work fine it doesn't make any difference to the "rocking" motion.

At its last service the guy said he'd looked and that it was all within tolerance. Though it felt like that was just him fobbing it off as a non-issue.

Have any of you guys have come across before?

My car is a '14 plate V40
Eliginator is offline   Reply With Quote