View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 15:57   #5
Steff79

Thanks all.

Interesting to hear that people do get similar. I don't remember getting anything like this in my old v60.... and agree, a demo v90 I covered about 1000 miles in was very comfortable.

40t - your points all make sense, about the leg being still for longer in an auto. Funny that an auto can effectively be less comfortable when you would think the exact opposite

Paul - I did a bit of googling and there was lots about more upright SUVs and vans naturally having a more comfortable position, makes sense I guess. I'm used to all sorts of more sporty things, from caterhams to 911s, so generally put the seat as low as it can go and enjoy that position. But I have found with the v70, a little but higher up is better.

Tatsfield - I don't think that is my issue but interesting all the same. I generally want the throttle to be a little lower, that way when you are hard on the brakes, the brake pedal and throttle pedal are about level and you can give it a blip, heel and toe style. Obviously not relevant on an auto but used a lot in other cars past and presents.

Anyway, I've just got in from an Oxford to Manchester trip, played about with the seat a bit and think I've got it just about sorted. Thank god for memory seats as it's taken me ages!!
Steff79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steff79 For This Useful Post: