View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 23:21   #3
stuartvolvo
Trader

Default disabled parking

Thanks Graeme for that interesting topic about the parking.

I have read all the information closely regarding the blue badge, and what the council said about charging parking even if you display a blue badge but don't have your taxation class changed.

The government states, that if you have a blue badge you get free use of parking meters and pay-and-display bays, as well as not having to pay for any toll roads, or congestion charges, as well as being able to park on single or double yellow lines, so if there are councils trying to charge you, complain to them, as what they are doing I am sure that it is illegal. If there are car parks run by other firms (non government or council) they may charge and unfortunately nothing can be done about it. I thought that this was the case, so I double checked before I wrote this, and if you google blue badge parking, and click onto one of the government sites, it will confirm this.

I am shocked about this, as I have never heard of this happen before especially through a council.

Volvo V70 T5 Estate - Strut Brace, Pollen Filter, Polly Mounts, Tinted Windows, Upgraded Discs, 17in Wheels, Stainless exhaust, Overhaulled turbo & wast gate, ecu remap, k&n filter, white injectors = 380+ bhp.
stuartvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuartvolvo For This Useful Post: