Thread: XC70: General - blind spot syst. service required
View Single Post
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 15:10   #12
forumoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
It really is a lot more simple than it appears . You only need to concentrate om this Green/white LIN wire .
The green/white stripe wire is the LIN data communication wire , it sends and receives control messages from the door module to the Camera and rear door ..
The fault codes indicate a problem with the signal on this wire .

The LIN wire comes from Pin 20 on the door module , the LIN wire from BLISS camera and Rear door module both come in to connect at the PDM at pin 20 ..

you need to determine first if there is a digital signal on this data wire .. it is a 12v signal rapidly switching on/off .. an oscilloscope is the best way of looking at it . but if you get a small LED with a series resistor of about 400 ohms , connect its negative to earth and use the positive to probe the LIN wire you should make out a rapid flickering if the signal is there ..
the fault code indicates the signal is faulty ..

If your basic continuity checks on teh LIN wire is ok , you have to assume the PDM is not sending it out or sending out an incorrect signal .

Another problem may be the BLIS or Rear door module is corrupting the signal , so disconnect the LIN from first the rear door module and see if BLIS works , Then disconnect it from the Mirror camera and see if the rear door works ..

My feeling is the PDM is faulty ..
----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from your previous message:
The LIN wire comes from Pin 20 on the door module , the LIN wire from BLISS camera and Rear door module both come in to connect at the PDM at pin 20 ..

[Looking on Mitchell data,

the rear right door LIN line and the Front right door camera LIN do not meet at same point point in the PDM, but from your message as if they meet at the same point, please re-cross check to me sure.. because i am seeing two different harness that is C1 and C2, and they all have different pinning point at which this LIN line from this two controllers meet in at the PDM
forumoto is offline   Reply With Quote