Thread: V70: General - Wet interior - Tailgate panel
View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 13:49   #9
Topper

Default Wet Interior

Thanks to both of you again and after this afternoon's result, I'll resolve accordingly ( see below) and the following might just be of interest to A.N.Other with a similar problem ;

1. After some lengthy conversations with the local Volvo Parts Department (the part no. 9154842.. if correct), reveals there is uncertainty, by them, about fitting "their" part as there was a change in the model at 2007/8 and thus they cannot definitely confirm it being correct. Earlier models did have the part fitted, superceded later by the larger rubber seal covering the whole tailgate (body) aperture.

They are expressing a part in to them today, for them to check, and I have to speak to them this p.m. If OK, I might buy .... at the cost of £ 12.72 incl. VAT, plus Postage.

2. The cost of the one from Amazon ( See Peter86 post earlier) is £ 6.15 incl. delivery, being a 4 m Self Adhesive Rubber Seal .... to be honest I favour this, as from the photo's kindly sent, the seal will (and apparently does) prevent water by diverting and entering the tailgate door hinge, in turn entering the vehicle and then causing the wet / stained areas I've discovered.

3. I might buy both as it dawned on me that this "leak" could have been happening for some considerable time to a lesser or greater degree, perhaps only masked then (and improved!) by last summer's lengthy hot weather, but the recent appalling rains have really discovered the problem.

It is something not easily spotted ... marks on roof lining in load area coupled with ( possibly) damp carpet at rear sides of load area, with damp transferring into bottom of tailgate panel covering.

A quick squint by similar owners might / might not reveal the problem.

Thanks again to both of you.......Regards ... Topper
Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Topper For This Useful Post: