Thread: Wheels/Tyres: - Oh yes look now then !
View Single Post
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 22:49   #25
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
Now this is what I want to get, nice colour but would like roof bars as well. When did Volvo go from chrome to black roof bars. See I would like the newer body style, with the chrome roof bars, like the ones in pic four.
The green Wagon is a US spec 265 and is actually based on the original 70s body style with the big bumpers (just for your information!). The early 80s brought along the smaller bumpers and black window surround trim quickly followed later on by the black sill trim that ran along the bottom of the doors!

In light of this and to finally answer your question, the stainless steel roof bar kit was an accessory available to the US market (perhaps Europe and Australia too, but not the UK.) By the mid-80s 'black trim' was introduced to the kit to match the new black window surround trim. I'm also sure a black roof rail kit was available as an accessory kit on some markets but the only UK models I've seen the black rails fitted to is the last-in-the-line Torslanda, but even these rails are different from the original stainless steel kit.

Hope this helps! If anybody else has any further information let me know as I am also interested!

Also, do you know who, or does anybody have any information on the person behind that awesome vector art of the ruby 244? I'm quite impressed...