Thread: Amazon: - SU Carbs overflowing
View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2023, 09:53   #28
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers1712 View Post
Oh my god this is exactly my sentiment, the expectation to be able to have strawberries in the supermarket during December by the EV driving middle class infuriates me - buy seasonally and locally should be the message not buy a new EV car that will fix the problem driven by capitalist greed!

Any way enough middle aged man ranting - Happy Friday fellow Volvo drivers!

Doug.
One of my dog walking friends accused me of being wasteful in driving around my 60 year old Volvo that only does 25MPG the other day. To be fair this was only a riposte to me saying it profligate of her to fly to Thailand for a holiday (which as my son calculates: uses 1.15 tonnes of aviation fuel per passenger for the flights). I answered that if I'd bought a new motor car every 8 years (a reasonable life for a modern car) then each of the 8 cars that had been needlessly manufactured on my behalf would have used the same amount of energy as 6 years driving worth of petrol during its manufacture (I made that fact up, I have no idea whether it is plausible or not, but the lady had no idea). Even if the 8 newer motor cars I might have bought were twice as efficient as my Amazon (and all achieved 50MPG) they would never pay back the additional manufacturing energy bill.

Even though I made up the key facts, my dog walking friend was convinced - and feels contrite about holidaying in Thailand. I enjoy having the moral high ground and gloating.

Last edited by Othen; Jun 30th, 2023 at 09:57.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote