Thread: V50 Brakes : - Anti Skid Service Required message
View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 19:46   #17
7050man
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandslow View Post
Lets not beat about the bush, it takes a clever systems engineer to decypher some of the information and I feel the motor industry is not generally equiped to handle the situation. There are 2 ways of dealing with it, you either train your engineers or write sophisticated software to solve the problem. None of it easy and none of it cheap.

At least I know I am not alone.

This is a fair comment. The problem is that the average dealer will not have anyone with the experience or time to take on an intermittant fault.

On modern auto motive systems like this, a slight voltage fluctuation, electrical noise or an irregular cpu input signal , can either generate a false code or genuine code that may not return.

The other common misunderstanding is that the computer is king. This is a myth. The computer may well give a clue as to where to look and in the case of a solid fault, will take the technician to the relevant faulty sensor. However with an intermittant fault, it only assist in gathering data. It's then down to the person who understands the car electro mechanical system to decide how to use the data.
This is where eyes,ears brain and possibly a good wiring diagram come into it and the time to investigate.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote