View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 16:47   #19
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

IC

I'm glad you realise that there is the need for this sort of thing for those whoare not into show and shine. I think there are quite a lot of relatively new owners of 2 and 7 series as well as 850/s?V70s who would like the opportunity to get together and meet other owners and swap ideas and tips. They are not necessarily modified or performance. We need to encourage these as well and not risk putting them off by calling it the wrong thing. The title can be a difficult one but must be such as to encourage any Volvo owners to these meets including those who use thier classic as a daily driver and those with a very fresh standard car. We want those who want to talk Volvo and chat with other owners to come and meet up no matter what they drive - I would hate to think that any of the "show and shine" would not be welcome as well.
Well that's my tuppence worth! What does anyone else think.

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote