View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 23:17   #10
sellxc70

I've solved the problem today

Working back from checking for 12v power at the modules led me to the fuses under the glove box. All the fuses were ok (not blown) but having no 12v power to some fuses didn't immediately occur to me but that is what I found on the right hand side fuse bank; no power!?! I worked out that the fuses without power all led to the modules and systems that were showing in the vida fault diagnosis.

My next course of action was to check the power supply routes to the fuse box by looking at the wiring diagram. This is part of vida if you have the EWD but my version didn't have this so I searched on line and manged to locate a 436 page .pdf file with comprehensive wiring diagrams. By page 14 I found what I needed and could see that the bank of fuses was being fed 12v power from a relay 'R1'.

I removed and tested the relay and found a fault with the switch. A new relay from Volvo fitted and problem now solved. I've erased all the errors using vida and taken the car for a test drive and all is good. Parking sensors and heated seat back on along with DSTC and AWD.

I hope this conclusion helps anyone with similar issues.

Regards, Steve
sellxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sellxc70 For This Useful Post: