View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 19:47   #9
currymunster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonag View Post
There are only two mounts with vacuum. More importantly for your car the vacuum controls the turbo, so it is important to make sure the system is working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMB View Post
Picture 1 - no idea
Picture 2 - its an off cut off something - bin it if everything else works
Picture 3 & 4 - Definitely the vacuum engine mounts - the rear mount and front mounts should hit a t piece under the iar intake pipes and the single pipe should travel up to an electronic valve that hangs on the front of the air box.
Picture 5 - ignore - its for a part not fitted.

Hope this is of help and my advise re the issues is to just steadily work through them one by one.

My Cheap volvo was bought with 11 faults on VIDA and I spent a grand sorting all of them.

Well worth it as you will have a great car once you have got to the bottom of each fault.

Nigel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
wow i hope you have £2500 set aside to sort someone else's problem car out . It will be fine when all fixed .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
The plastic ducting providing some ABS sensor cable protection is clipped into place at the tp and just hangs freely. I cabletied mine into a more secure position to prevent ABS sensor cable damage.

The blocked off vacuum line implies someone discovered a cavuum leak and just disconnected and blocked the line, instead of fixing the vacuum leak.
Often the engine mounts, being vacuum controlled, leak. So check the 3 x engine mounts and their vacuum lines.
Well this is interesting. I wonder why this was done?
I didn't notice it when I took it out to clean the EGR.
Faulty switch?
At the moment they are all connected at the same time with a t price that had one bit with nothing on it.
That will be leaking i assume.
I'll get to the bottom of it all.
Does any one know which one of the inlets is the inlet and outlet to the mounts ?....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200813_183458.jpg (91.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by currymunster; Aug 13th, 2020 at 20:21.
currymunster is offline   Reply With Quote