View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2013, 15:42   #15
enzoneo
VOC 26271

Well I've got a diagnostic !! 3rd gear is not engaging and MACKIEs suspect the top bolt (3rd gear band holder) has been used to fill gear box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are signs of ATF around the bolt. AND the box needed 1.5 litres of ATF to top it up !!!!!!!!!! This has cost me £98 to find this out plus the fuel to get to Glasgow and back. £240 for the ATF, £415 for labour and the rest of the job so to date I am down about £800 for what was ostensibly an MOT, front disc/pad change, 2 tyres and an ATF flush and my car is KNACKERED !!!!!!!!!!

I am staying at home at the moment and going to see the guy WOT DONE IT tomorrow because I will probably be less liable to lose it with him by then. MACKIES want £2700 to remove/rebuild and reinstall gearbox, gulp ! Wife won't have any of that so am thinking of asking(getting) HIM WOT DONE IT to remove box and refit it for free and send it to MACKIES to get it fixed and I'll pay for the MACKIES bit. BUT maybe I'll think differently tomorrow and not want to pay anything !
enzoneo is offline   Reply With Quote