Thread: D5 Swirl Flaps
View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 04:34   #29
johna250

Default Swirl flap

My 2006 S40 D5 had a intermittent fault code, Volvo said poss MAF sensor. I said o.k replace it , Volvo checked it and deemed it fine. Volvo said it could be an inlet butterfly valve problem £650 ish to replace. This was due to one fit pipes etc. This was covered under warranty it broken but if carboned up I would fit the bill.
For 6 years I have put up with the intermittent hesitant problem as £650 was not worth it resetting after a stop or 5. This was until the revs would not go beyond 3000rpm a few weeks ago. Various searches suggested I may have had a re map,not likely however I have had car since very low miles. I was about to disconnect battery when discovered swirl flap link not there !!! I bought replacement link £5 (to the reply of the Volvo spares Man"you will be back fit full kit ". £150
Link needs adapting and he might be right but as per another forum, I suck a rag in the void and I have never smiled soooooo much. My D5 is now sooo rapid. So all ok except for swirl link mod.
johna250 is offline   Reply With Quote