View Single Post
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 09:32   #9
cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoV4O View Post
Hello,

I just joined here last night so hello and all that, I've got a 2001 V40 2.0 Auto in Silver and with 69,000 miles on the clock, I love my Volvo. Anyway I've been searching but can't seem to find any previous posts regarding the problem I'm having with the glove box light, the bulb went and I changed it, lovely I thought, but when it comes to putting it back in there is a 'C' shaped plastic thing behind it that keeps falling into the back of the dash, it is a pain to get out!!! Anyone have any problems with this and/or know how do stop this happening?

Many thanks
I finally got around to removing the lower trim and found the 'C' shaped plastic thing there. I guess the previous owner had butterfingers and dropped it down there and just left it.

I thought how hard can it be to fit correctly, the answer very hard what a fiddle, luckily I had left the trim off so I could easily recover the plastic bit when I dropped it for the fortieth time. In the end I gave up and but a spot of super glue on the plastic trim and slotted it into place then left it for a few hours before fitting the light. Worked a treat but still got no heated seats or rear screen and a funny acting clock.
cogs is offline   Reply With Quote