View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 06:27   #8
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleFlex View Post
Thanks all,
Unfortunately I'm no good at negotiating and I didn't get anything with the car! There's a 2cm tear on the leather seat mid console on the back seat and I didn't even try and get that repaired. I asked if they would offer me a free tank of gas like the other branch did to me..and they said no they couldn't do it.

Not even picking me up from the train station when I pick up the car. Crap!

The more I think about it, the more I want to cancel and get my 5000 deposit.. but I have not seen any nice D5 SE Lux through Volvo main dealer so I can't really gamble and say no I won't take it unless they offer me something as I do like the car.
Bloody hell, it's got a 2 inch tear in the seat and you put a 5k deposit on it. In my book unless it was a 1 grand banger that tear alone would have me walking away. Even a good repair would see me negotiating a discount because it's NOT A 1.

I had the temp spare and a genuine volvo detachable tow bar plus a grand off the initial asking price. I tried for polestar upgrade as well but dealer wasn't wearing that.

You tell them what it will take for you to buy the car and if they do not make substantial moves towards your requirement walk away. There are plenty out there, just be prepared to travel.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post: