Thread: 240 General: - How to change a cam belt
View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 22:03   #10
John Tancredi
240inNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Brace View Post
Thanks for all the kind comments. I must say at times I do find these a little difficult to write especially at the end of a day (often the only time available) and always worry I may miss a relevant bit of info or tip. The great thing though is that there are quite a few of you on here who have quite a lot of knowledge and I know I can rely on you do add to what I have written and so provide further help for those tackling these jobs for the first time.

Mike
Thanks muchly Mike... Have saved + will give to my mechanic as the old girl is due for a cambelt change quite soon.

I've actually been in the throws of deciding what to do about my fleet - seven cars now! - as Her Indoors is saying that I'm getting obsessed and going a bit over the top (is that bad?). So I offered my 240 to another local ex-UK 240 owner in case he would like it... Fortunately (for me) he came back saying he was short of space... so I GET TO KEEP MY 240 for a bit longer! The story now is that I should actually use it, rather than just look at it... which is what I tend to do with my classics... so I'll probably need to invest in a bit more catch-up maintenance before winter (is summer here now of course!)... but I'm really looking forward to getting it out there on road on a daily basis!

On a separate note, you mentioned recently about how few 240s are seen these days on the roads. Funnily enough I saw THREE 240s locally within the space of a few minutes just last night! Normally I can go for weeks without seeing any - there were never many in NZ anyway. Maybe people are finally (re)discovering them... Would be wonderful, eh!

All the best, John.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Tancredi For This Useful Post: