View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 12:59   #19
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSlow337 View Post
Further follow up. Original replacement unit refunded, and I purchased another. I've fitted this in the car today.

The screen pops up, it took a while to read the disc and seemed to get stuck on the "please wait" screen. I turned the car off and back on again and we have a partial success. Success in the sense that the unit works and it knows where I am on the map. Not a success in the fact the buttons on the remote or steering wheel don't seem to do anything, ie I cannot bring up the menu or close the unit down. A coding issue?
Likely a part number issue
The CAN bus commands for the button presses change from model year to model year.
The main difference in the different part numbers is the CAN bus command references, their priority in the entire communications system, and thus their addresses.

Zero response to buttons indicates a nav with a different part number from a different year vehicle

Start by getting a unit with the correct part number for your vehicle, as indicated in VIDA parts catalogue

And if you do have the correct part number - then it is likely to be faulty.

I trust you are aware of the nav systems diagnostic mode? However to bring that up you need to have a working remote or steering wheel controls - ie: button presses
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote