View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 10:34   #7
EwenM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcountryjim View Post
Hello, I am new to Volvo haven driven VW for last 20 years.

I have a brand new (7 days old) V60 D4 manual Inscription Plus.

I have a worry on the fuel consumption and ask whether there is an initial running in period as I thought they were run in on bench? I appreciate it is only a week old with only 500 on the clock.

This is not a company car but one purchased with my hard earned retirement cash, so any problems are mine.

My last few cars have been Passat estates diesel manual 2.0L 150BHP and the last one got an accurate (measured at fill ups) 48.5 over 40K miles.

The Volvo's claimed consumption is slightly better than that claimed for the Passat.

To test the consumption I have driven it like the proverbial maiden aunt.

In heavy traffic on an eight mile journey through town I averaged 30. On a 40 mile drive on a dual carriageway, between 65 and 70 I averaged 45.

Do these figures seem acceptable?

One final bit of information which might be relevant. On at least 5 occasions over its short life the car has surged in traffic. What I mean by that is if going along at 20mph in stop/start traffic, if I brake, the car does not slow down as expected, it will continue at 1000 revs with no foot on the accelerator and no inclination to conk out with all feet off pedals.

What would be the cause of that and would it affect the wider fuel economy?

Thanks for any words of wisdom that might come my way!

I have a new V60 D3 with 7k miles which like you is my retirement car. The car seems to average high 50s low 60mpg on dual carriageway motorway driving and around 40mpg around town.
EwenM is offline   Reply With Quote