View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 21:15   #16
Criticalmass

ah ok. i'll take a look when i can. weather was horrible today and despite the car being in a small garage i didnt want to do any more than change the battery and see if it started

Cheers Clan appreciate your advice and effort

I did find the below in another thread when i searched.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Fault codes retrieval
• Open the diagnostic system's box cover and place the test cable mounted on the side of the box into an appropriate socket.
• Turn the ignition ON to key position II without starting the engine. Wait about ten seconds.
• Press the button once and hold it for more than one but less than three seconds.
• The LED lamp will flash in successive series of three digits followed by a three-second pause. If there are no fault codes stored, it will flash 1-1-1 indicating the system being tested is operating correctly.
• Count the successive flashes and record the fault code.
• Press the button again, as described above.
• Record the fault code. If it is the same as the previous one, then no additional codes are stored. Repeat until all the codes stored are retrieved (often a maximum of three).
• Turn the ignition OFF and remove the test cable from a socket.

2. Erasing fault codes
• Repeat step 1 and read all the fault codes again. Do not turn the ignition OFF after read-out.
• Press and hold the button for more than five seconds, then release it.
• When the LED lights, press the button again for more than five seconds and release it. When the LED goes off, the memory is cleared.
• Test that memory is cleared by performing step 1. Code 1-1-1 should be returned.
Note: erasing fault codes on the ABS socket will cause the ABS control to be lit. It will turn off after a test-drive with speed of more than 40 km/h.

Sockets description
1 – alarm and remote locking system,
2 – fuel system,
3 – ABS,
5 – (investigating),
6 – cruise control,
7 – SRS (airbag).
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote