View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 10:40   #1
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default Voc @ Tatton Park week end 4/5 June 2011

Tatton Park:

Out of more than 50 'Club' stands - in a car show with in excess of 2,500 exhibits our 'first bash' VOC stand got second prize in the 'highly commended'.

We had seven cars on Saturday and eleven cars on Sunday. Every single one a VOC car. So we were really pleased with the turn out. Luckily we managed to grow the size of our plot becasuse an ice cream seller failed to show up - so the neighbouring pitch allocated for his van was snapped up by our extra cars. It would have been tight otherwise (I'd banked on a maximum of eight showing up!)

There were a number of other Volvos dotted around the show, from 164's, Amazons, 200, 900, 300 - all private entries.

They award six prizes in 'highly commended' all of whom are awarded nice trophies. Then six further simpler shields are given to clubs who have caught the eye of the judges. So we came 2nd out of all those Club stands! I am really pleased with our efforts.

My 'new' 240 GL Saloon (first outing to any show) won Best Volvo.

We shifted lots of Membership forms and Club Magazines - so we hope that a few of those decide to sign up.

Of course, everyone seemed to congratulate me for the weeken's success. I didn't see it that way at all. I see it as a collective effort that grew out of a simple idea I had one day whilst cleaning up one of the cars. Every single car was an outstanding example - all beautifully turned out.

I will send some detalis over to Chris Wickers, along with some photos. We ALL enjoyed the weekend and we're all keen to repeat the excercise - perhaps as early as Tatton's Park's August 2011 Show. I shall appeal for the troops to join in again - if Chris would be kind enough to get it into the next issue of Driver.

Douglas Hughes