Thread: Electrics: - LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 15:18   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkey1984 View Post
I think that hid lights have to have a working wash wipe mechanism as well as self levelling to pass, so in this case the if fitted bone of contention wouldn't apply, if any part of the system is missing it'd fail, as with the different bumper on itd be the same as fitting just the lights to a non hid car, which would still fail, I think this was brought in to stop every tom Dick and Harry whacking hid kits on anything and dazzling the rest of the world.
No they don't if you read the MOT Tester's manual .. They do require these parts to comply with construction and use regulations but not for the MOT test ...

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.
Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given
."