Thread: Electrics: - LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2018, 19:27   #9
bimmer49
Always listen & learn!

Clan: Sorry i didn't mention it was a Spanish vehicle I was referring to. ITV (MOT) items are the same as C&U in the UK. If it's manufactured like that, that's how it stays! With reference to the Citroen, it had an accident and the only bumper replacement was a STD bumper for H4 equipped vehicles. The Wash mechanism was still there and working (water out underneath) but no jet of water onto the glass. I just made 2 cut outs in the bumper for the jet arms to come out. Car passed test. Didn't look pretty but the owner desperately needed the car...to go to the UK...the same day. I've then come across other cars with self leveling units mounted on the back of the light unit.

pirremacalpine: I'll take your hint and replace with the type you linked. My car is up for test in a week so I'll get them after and run them for a year.

There hasn't been any comment as to whether they are counted as the same as HID's! But then if what Clan is saying about the MOT, it don't matter in the UK! Vagaries of C&U versus MOT!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bimmer49 For This Useful Post: