View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2019, 21:29   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
Noticed something strange with my V70 these last few weeks, wondered if it’s normal, or indicative of a problem...

When traversing severe full-width speedbumps (the sort of ones you can only really approach at 5-10mph, on access roads or car parks for example, very aggressive ones), I get a couple of seconds of juddering (as if the engine’s starved of fuel) after each one. Never experienced this before in 3+ years / 50,000 miles?

Only happens over one particular set of speedbumps, happens in 1st and 2nd gear (obviously more pronounced in 1st), full-tank or half-tank still happens, no other problems at any other time (or over any other speedbumps, eg the 3-separate-across-the-road type).

I’ve basically only noticed as I’ve been going to a different gym and every time arriving / leaving, I’m getting this judder after the speedbumps. Really strange; is the fuel pick-up in a strange place on a V70? Anything I need to get looked at...?
sounds like the fuel tank is ok . There is a vertical accellerometer which monitors the driving , If it gets a severe reading it will cut the engine because it thinks you are having an accident off road , possibly this . try experimenting over those bumps to soften the blow .