View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 14:55   #12
p10ness

My V60 D4 16 plate has just done that too. Dealer charged me £60 to drain half a litre of oil from the engine and kept me waiting nearly 3 hours to do it.

Now, to say that I'm not best pleased would be an understatement. The service receptionist tried to tell me that all diesel engined cars have the same issue,but I beg to differ.
We have Merc and VW oil burners at home too, and none of them gradually overfills the sump due to failed DPF regeneration. I was further advised that the car needed to do a good percentage of motorway miles to prevent a recurrance of this problem.

I can't find any wording in the sales brochure that tells me that I cannot use the car for 20mile each way trips without this problem. To be honest I was made to feel as though it was my fault entirely!
This is obviously poor design from Volvo on VEA D4 unit- on the back of the EGR cooling nonsense that a lot of us have had to contend with.

I certainly won't be buying Volvo diesel again- but as they are reportedly ceasing production any way I won't be able to. Good thing I'd say.
p10ness is offline   Reply With Quote