View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2019, 02:56   #31
gothamus

Default Oil Sensor

The trick for test driving on the BQE and surviving the very possible breakdown, aside from foolish bravery, is after 10:00 at night during the week. If I’m up at 1:00 AM, which I often am as a night owl, the BQE is a great 20 mile cruise to Coney Island. Barely any traffic but the occasional exotic sports cars weaving by like bees, doing there in pleasure cruises (sober, I hope).

Doing a light drive around the neighborhood just now I found I still have a tremendous oil leak. So hard to pin point until I ran the car at idle. The oil pressure sender is leaking out the end, by the connector. Not the threads. My highway drive last night must have compromised it. I have an oil pressure gauge from an 1800 there as well. Connected with a brass T junction. I still don’t have a good position for that gauge so it’s hard to read while driving (great great). It’s hovering around 70...oh, what is that? Kg? One never reads the fine print. So either that’s the pressure of the oil or the pipes! No leaking in that brass pipe or junction.

I’m reinstalling the old sender or a temp block off.
gothamus is offline   Reply With Quote