View Single Post
Old Sep 20th, 2021, 12:48   #39
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
Thanks Ellie. I look forward to your updates.

To me it's clearly a temperature thing but what/where baffles me. Cold weather is no problem. It fires up 'on the button' as long as the battery is good. Then, if I stop for about more 20 mins it won't start so it's foot to the floor and off we go. As long as you don't stop for more than 20 mins the car will start and start again.

When the weather warms up usually to start first off it's the foot to the floor procedure. It will then start and start again 'on the button' .... unless, again, I stop for more than 20 mins and then again it a foot to the floor job to start.

My starting problem has absolutely no affect on the excellent running engine performance or consumption whilst driving.

Bob
So, back in the early summer I took Bob's advice and found that if I started on full throttle there was no issue with starting. Then one day I forgot to give her full throttle and she started first time with no gas and that is how I have been starting ever since.

Jump to today, this morning was cooler than it has been in a long time. She started for work first time with zero throttle, drove to work, I parked at work, switched off, then immediately needed to move her but she refused to restart with no gas or full throttle. I waited until break when she had cooled down and she started first time on full throttle. Back to the old problem again but I am now not sure I can even tie it down to seasons/temperatures?

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: