View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 20:34   #17
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
I would like to hear from more D5 MY12 owners as to what they are getting. There has to be an improvement compared to pre MY12 surely?
Only done 800 miles so far of reasonably gentle motoring mainly on Motorways averaging about 80 mph & am getting an average of 28.22 as measured from full tank to full tank. I have only used the Sport mode a few times which does dramatically change the engine map - trying to hold back until a few more miles on the clock........!!
Whilst I am a "wee" bit disappointed I do understand that the engine is still pretty tight & that today's diesels need a good few ooo's before they loosen up & the mpg start dropping. I would be happy to achieve 35mpg by the time I have got 5,000 miles on the clock - which is a great improvement from my previous car - V70 T5 - which I would normally average about 23mpg with the same journey patterns.