Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - Excessive smoke, Help needed
View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2016, 21:29   #30
daveyonthemove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloders2 View Post
can you recap the sypmtoms please

my next thought is injectors, but not sure how reliable they are for these vehicles.
I've just remembered that the car had a new turbo last month (prior to my purchase) and I think this is a key part of the problem.
The DPF was clogged up bad, one of the worst the guys had seen when they gutted it.
Lots of Googling has led me to believe that clogged DPF's create exhaust build up at the turbo and boil off oil causing turbo failure.
Turbo failure often leads to oil being thrown down into the intercooler, and that would explain the build up of oil in my Throttle body and the AIT sensor being saturated in it.

I'm thinking that the turbo got replaced, but the intercooler was not inspected/cleaned out at the time, and I'm now ingesting residual oil as I drive along, which would explain why it emits black smoke when the turbo spools up, and not at idle or slow driving.

I'm hoping to have the intercooler pipes removed and cleaned this weekend and drain off any oil in the intercooler if there is any.

Just to show how bad this smoke issue is, here is a video I took an hour ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAMWpdInf4
daveyonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote