View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2019, 02:33   #20
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benholder90 View Post
You mentioned about the car feeling down on power .. we were talking about the t5 engine but I suppose that goes for any engine?

I looked at a d5 today with 186k miles .. would the same apply to this car also? Would it be worth replacing these sensors you speak of? I mean can you really improve the power of the engine just by changing these sensors? Is there anything else one can do apart from this?
Would be different for the D5s but yes these sensors fade and after the 100k mark its best they are changed to really get the best from the car ... but you have enough to work with on the T5's so these are just minor things really.

Bought mine on 44k and its now on 137k and been great, slapped a remap on it straight away and the car has always delivered.

Also your thing on "Is there anything else one can do" is that to improve power? Yes I would look at getting a performance exhaust and improved induction for the car along with a remap. You can do much more on this platform but really depends how far you want to go.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote