View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2016, 17:44   #5
Mike 700
Premier Member

Cool

There is a company regularly advertising ( including on eBay), various used hoists at medium prices, but the hoists are inspected & in good condition , usually with some sort of guarantee, and they have contact with a fitter who travels around the country?

Even though they are used hoists the Total may still come to £500 or more inc fitting & with the adaptions for each particular make of car, but is still much cheaper than new, which can run into thousands.

The mobile hoist as mentioned in my post can be bought new for £350 , but will probably be to much of a 'mess about' for your Mum and is limited to lifting only 30
Kilos anyway, so only good for a boot scooter - I have a Pride Quest fold up scooter weighing in at 26 kilos which will carry up to 18 stones., but I have to break up my other scooter to use the hoist ,keeping each piece under 30 kilos.

Prorider sell a fold up lightweight scooter for under £500, and Betterlife/Lloyds Pharmacy sell scooters from under £400 as well as a Solax Genie autofold up for £1499 but with only a small deposit of £150, with 36 months at £50 to pay the balance .

Buying a smaller used scooter needs to be done carefully, get a professional to go over it first, before committing yourselves.
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: