Thread: My new 740!
View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2017, 21:43   #27
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
Indeed here we go. FYI I got the"joke", think it childish and wearing a bit thin...just what is with you people ?

Just because I'm not in your little gang..;-)

Jon.
The "joke" was actually intended as irony - i'm also fully aware all BMWs have indicators as standard, just most i've seen on the road don't work or are not operated by their pilots - the way most of them drive they think they're on the runway here, not the A11!

The main thing is i didn't want to have the last word, far from it in fact. All i was doing by pointing out i didn't see "promo cars" as illegitimate was trying to clarify any misunderstanding that seemed to be present. It seems no matter how exactingly i phrase something, someone, somewhere will always try and read a hidden meaning into it - as such i have become accustomed to pointing out axioms when this occurs.

Now, as for wanting the last word - i didn't.

I was in fact trying to provoke a discussion on the whys and wherefores of possible advertising influence from promo cars and any other sources on our choice as a country of what are classic cars these days.
After all this is a forum is it not? By definition a forum is for open discussion and what's actually wrong with provoking a discussion, especially when the subject of that discussion has already been broached by the "thread owner/starter"?

Anyway, having just seen the thread review (i went out with friends and came back to a non-refreshed page when i hit the "Quote" button) it seems i was successful in starting that discussion, complete with photos!

Some superb vehicles there! Always had a soft spot for the Mk2 Granada, had a 78 T reg 2.8 Ghia with black instead of chrome trim, always wanted the 2.8 Ghia X Injection but never happened - well saved from the track with that one!

Have to say though, there's something about the 7xx Volvos that keeps pulling me back as well, after 3 740 GLE auto estates i didn't think i'd have another, mainly because they're getting harder to find. Then my current 760 V6 came up on the bay very cheaply. I would have been rude to refuse!

After the DIY front end facelift!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: