View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2012, 12:51   #31
Volvo2002
Young Volvo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Northface View Post
I just wonder where it will all end? These boxes " may" have ones set of rules at the minute,but you can bet your boots that the Highway robbers will move the goal posts and bring in one set of rules after another. 99% of the time I drive carefully ( ) so a box may be beneficial to me,but when I'm on a quiet bit of motorway I like to put my foot down, so I will have to stop this? What's the point in driving? We might as well all buy electric cars as "transport "and get rid of the car as a " driving experience". An end to the T-5/M-5/V8/V12 etc. Some may think this is a good thing,I don't. This is all getting a bit like that film Equilibrium, where you aren't allowed to enjoy yourself anymore.
tbh this is missing the point mate.

It's really quite simple!

Those that will benefit from the box

17-24 where in most cases, insurance kills the running of a car

Those that won't benefit from the box

Over 25 where insurance premiums won't be as high.

I still drive my car and enjoy it regardless of a box under the dashboard! I feel many many people are not aware of how these actually work and as such are dismissing them.

Again though I understand it isn't for everyone. Depends on your circumstances which co-op lay out on the site before you purchase the policy, alternatively you can use their normal insurance which is competitive, still expensive though for myself.

Co-op do not track your location, ONLY WHAT ROADS YOU DRIVE ON. EX: Motorway, A-roads, B-roads. So they don't know if you are at you local kebab shop or if you happen to be at a night club one evening.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby"
Volvo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvo2002 For This Useful Post: