View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 00:57   #8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
I was always a Bailey man but oh dear, their quality has taken a nosedive over the years. My previous 2004 Pagent Vendee was well put together and when we decided to go for new I looked at their top of the range Unicorns. What a disappointment

Paul.
I agree with you; we had a 2003 Bailey Pageant Vendee until earlier this year. In 16 years, nothing broke, fell off or wore out and it was as dry as snuff. We looked at a new Pegasus and just did not like the build quality or the cheap attempts at bling. We ended up with a 3 year old Lunar Clubman, which appears to be in a different league to the Bailey.

In answer to your original question, the correct pink glycol used in the Alde heating system is the same as that used in VW group vehicles and is available from Eurocarparts for less than £20 for 5 litres. I intend changing the fluid in our caravan after the last outing of the year, later this month. By all accounts, it is not a quick job unless you have the correct pump that the dealers use, but it appears to be straightforward and I am willing to have a go and save £280. There are videos on YouTube that give you the general idea as to how to do it.
60041 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 60041 For This Useful Post: