Thread: No drive
View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 11:30   #2
DLM48
Master Member

Default Update

Well how to please your neighbours NOT!!!

Jacked up the car (in the street in front of my house {quite a wide street} ) and put her on four axle stands with all wheels off of the ground.

I got an old broom handle, started the engine and used the power seat and the broom handle to set the throttle at 2500 RPM

Popped her in Reverse and WOW two wheels were turning one back and one front

With a wee bit of assistance all four were rotating, so I popped her in Drive and same thing with the wheels going the other way of course.

SO it looks like the angle drive is functioning at a low level of torque and at a wild guess it would seem likely that the coupling sleeve have given up the ghost. I was giving the car some serious welly and in advanced mode :-(

CONFUSED is ME I thought with a non functioning angle drive with a stripped coupling sleeve I would still have front wheel drive.

NEXT PROBLEM is to get her into the drive backwards and do a very very very (with inches to spare) (tis fun with the car running, this is going to be a nightmare pushing her) tight turn into the back of my house. This area is slabbed and is where I work on my cars as the drive is too soft, the garage is too small and has too much rubbish in there including my Ducati Mobike
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote