Thread: No drive
View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 15:09   #4
DLM48
Master Member

BUT IT was me who replaced all the new front end bits including the two new driveshafts

Do i just beat myself up with a 2lb hammer???

Hand rotating the wheels and even with them turning with the car jacked up shows/showed no sign of any roughness, so I am having difficulties thinking something in the new driveshafts has broken or has become detached. Tis possible that the LHS one has slid out of the differential (funnier things have happened I am sure) but the RHS one is held in by a big bearing in a housing so that shaft has to be fully in before you can put the bearing clamp on.

The drive shafts slid in easily, the bugger job was getting the new bottom wishbone arm low enough to get the new ball joint in through the hole in the arm

I can't see how it can be oil drag that will rotate all four wheels smoothly against the friction from the discs and pads BUT with no power to drive the car

I AM STILL seriously confused as to why I don't have front wheel drive.

BUT then my tests does show that I have four wheel drive with all four wheels rotating smoothly and synchronously BUT WITH NO real driving power.

My understating is that the Front Drive shafts connect directly to the differential and then there is an extra splined hollow output drive shaft (that the RH drive shaft passes through) from the differential via a toffee coupling to the transfer angle box SO that being the case I would expect to have front wheel drive as a minimum whereas I have no effective drive at all.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic

Last edited by DLM48; Aug 5th, 2019 at 15:32.
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote