Thread: S60 Electrics: - 'Driver Door Open' permanent warning
View Single Post
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 20:34   #17
c0mputernick

Simon,

Ive seen two of your posts on this topic, and i am having the same issue.
Sorry for opening up an old post.

Your other post you said you spliced the pink and brown cables.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=65993

I did that as well and the car still says the passenger door is open. Although I did it close to the switch itself, not in the loom above the speaker as you suggested in this post. (before I found this post) Would they be the same wires?

Mine is a 2001 v70, but i would think they would be similar wiring.

Can you or anyone suggest anything else? I couldnt find a wiring diagram for this portion of the car. Not that i could understand it anyway, the ones i found werent really labeled that well.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
I had the same problem with the passenger door on my V70 & traced it to the microswitch that is built into the central locking unit. It's a pig to get the unit apart & not something I would recommend. I gave up in the end & I'm normally pretty good as fixing most things.

The main dealers wanted about £140 for a new one, so in the end I tracked down a brand new one via ebay for about £30. Be wary of buying one from a scrap yard as it is likely to be just as worn as your current one. If you want a free, quick-fix solution, you can short out the microswitch by connecting two wires together in the loom above the speaker. The downside is that the courtesy light won't work & that will affect the alarm too.
c0mputernick is offline   Reply With Quote