Thread: C30 Engine : - Low signal turbo actuator fault
View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 18:21   #10
polenpaddy

Default Problem solved

Hi,

so here my overdue feedback on the low power problem.
As I wrote I removed the VNT actuator from the turbo link bracket. To get there you only have to remove the lower engine cover and remove a lock pin and three screws holding the VNT housing in place.
I noticed the VNT link bracket moves easily without any friction. That in mind I opend the VNT housing. Therfore you only remove six metal brackets all around the housing.
Here I saw that the worm gear and the partial gearwheel were quite worn (I will upload some pictures later). But due to the direct movement monitoring this wear can be compansated. Replacing the mechanical part of the VNT actuator has no improvement on this problem. Trust me: I did it and spend 140€ for nothing.

Instead the problem was 6 or 8 times in my hand when removing the actuator: In my case it was the VNT actuator connector. One cable - the yellow one - was completly ripped off.

It cost me 15 € and 45 minutes at my repair shop to get it done nice and clean (soldering and superseal connectors). Thereafter everything ran as normal.

Hopefully this helps you with your problem.

Greetings from Bremen!
polenpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polenpaddy For This Useful Post: