View Single Post
Old Aug 27th, 2016, 06:16   #31
tofufi
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willvg95 View Post
Well...
Is your experience with a standard turbo ?
My thoughts are that because my VNT will hopefully be producing up to 10 psi befor 2k rpm, and peaking around 26psi, the power should be much more available at lower rpm than a standard d24, this coupled with a taller rear end will hopefully result in better economy whilst sat at 70-75 or so... if im right in calculating a m90 on 205-55 x 15 tires with a 3.31 diff will sit at around 2500rpm at 70 as opposed to just over 3000rpm with a m46 on the same tires with a 3.54 diff...

I have no idea if my logic will work in that way... if nothing else it will provide a taller 1st gear which will be handy with 260 bhp (hopefully!( yes my power goal went up)
And higher top end... although i dont think i will be doing 130mph any time soon !
So to answer you question in short. Yes i hope mpg will improve as well as lower engine noise, and yes i have other reasons ! Haha

I havent started a thread yet on the Project car, im waiting until all of my preliminary work is done, when im actually putting bits together rather than number crunching and finding bloody part numbers for 12mm VE Pumps !!!
It will come soon enough though. Its definitely happening. The turbo is here and my control system is (in my head at least) about sorted

Cheers !
Will vg
Sorry, thought I'd replied earlier

Yes, my experiences are with a standard engine (including turbo) and M46 gearbox. So perhaps not so relevant - I'd not considered that

260bhp from a D24T would be awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing this happen Please do post details of the turbo change and control
tofufi is offline   Reply With Quote