View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2018, 07:15   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Wow,

That does not sound good. I would park it up on the drive, make a cup of tea and then start it up and shine a torch under it from wherever you can access it and monitor for any signs of leakage. Any thing suspect use a very low pressure hose or water to scrub up then restart. Note any leaks. Open the bonnet and do the same although probably a lot of dirt and debris there. You should be able to identify the diesel lines. Any leak will cause low pressure but also allow an air bubble to get in there then your stuffed.

I would also change the air filter, you should be able to do this yourself or get a mate to do. To be fair it prob won’t resolve it but it sounds like fuel starvation and this may help.

Also put a request on here for anyone with a Volvo VIDA setup, offer some beer to whoever comes along.

Are the garage happy it’s diesel fuelling and not camshaft position sensors or MAF sensors etc.

Failing that I would be tempted to take it to a proper ‘old school’ mechanic and pay his hour or 2 hour labour to simply investigate the issue. Dealers and some of the big places are in essence fitters who are good at reading codes and changing stuff but less good at actually fault finding, u need fault finding it would seems
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: