View Single Post
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 11:17   #11
cassell
Member since 1988

I bought an ex demonstrator V90 on 20" wheels and had reservations about ride quality, these were unfounded.

The ride quality, road holding and grip are excellent, the only thing to be obviously careful of is kerbing the wheels as the tyre sidewalls are so low. I've been lucky so far but one day its bound to happen!

I tow a caravan and inflated the tyres to the recommended fully loaded 39psi for our holidays and the ride afterwards did seem harsh(ish), lowering the pressure to 35 has resumed the better ride quality.

Mine are Pirelli tyres with the VOL (Volvo approved) side marking with the PNCS (Pirelli noise cancelling system) system included. I have enquired about replacement cost and they do seem expensive compared to smaller, non VOL marked Pirellis at around £200 each. No doubt I'll be able to better this when replacement time comes, I've currently done 17k miles and the tyres seem about 60% worn so around 30k may be possible.

Hope this helps?

Paul
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote