Thread: Engine: TDI: - Dynamic Timing
View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 14:22   #11
tdidave
V70 TDi CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro View Post
Thanks Dave,
The front one (behind the rad, under the injector pump) was fairly easy, though a bit of a fiddle with sausage fingers. probably took an hour once I'd got things supported and worked out how I was going to do it.

The rear one, under the starter and turbo looks to have easier access than the front one. I Just couldnt get it to release last night, despite bolts being undone and engine raised slightly.

Does that heat shield/ tinplate come off with the mount? Just so I know what I can tap with a hammer!

But the difference in driving having just done the front mount is incredible. I tihnk the engine now sits 20mm higher, theres greatly reduced resonance in the cabin, gearchange is sharper and on "heavy" cornering there was what I thought was CV chatter, but that has gone now too. Very happy!

cheers all

Ben
Ben.. its so long ago since I did that job I can't advise you with any accuracy which way to move on the heat-shield. I've wracked my brains but nothing is forthcoming. Sorry about that mate. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Its interesting what you say about the difference after fitting the front mount. I can well believe that as I experienced the same. That engine is a big heavy lump, and any oscillating, vibration, coming from that is going to effect drive-ability.

I really hope you're successfull in all that you're going to take on. You will be I'm sure. Keep us informed on your progress.

Dave..

My old Turquoise 850 TDi GLT & my present Garnet Red V70 TDi CD

My 1998 V70 TDi CD : http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/album.php?albumid=654
tdidave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdidave For This Useful Post: